The Humboldt Mirror hotline was annoyingly abuzz Sunday and early into Monday morning with information about weird Earth Day happenings around the area. According to an independent analysis, there were more than a few interesting and provocative 2012 Earth Day activities in and around Humboldt County this year. Let’s suffice it to say that tree-hugging was sooooooo 1980s. This year it was all about…
1) Open mouth kissing a tree (with a little heavy petting.) Whoooooo hooooooo!
2) Growing marijuana by eco-groovy rechargeable battery-powered lights.
3) Converting to Amish Mennonites and churning some tasty vegan Pennsylvanian-style gluten-free butter.
4) Transforming Kim Starr to an alternative energy source. Because even the Progs can’t stand that crazy bitch.
5) Erecting interpretive signage and having docent-lead tours through the 386 homeless camps in the Palco Marsh in Eureka.